Corporate positions help our company operate at its maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Subcontract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary We have an exciting opportunity for a Subcontract Administrator to join our Subcontracts team at our location in Herndon, VA. This role will primarily support our Space Systems Division, but may also support other areas as well from time to time. Requires strong analytical skills, critical thinking, problem solving, written and verbal communication, and ability to work independently, in a team environment and provide subcontract leadership for the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for major subcontracts procurement of complex mission critical hardware and/or services necessary to support assigned program(s) and support related program proposal activities.
- Prepares RFP/RFQ’s while ensuring they meet program requirements, customer flowdowns, company policy, and department operating procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes supplier bids/proposals and performs cost and/or price analysis. Leads cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Conducts subcontracts negotiations with suppliers.
- Reviews, interprets, and provides recommendations regarding terms and conditions, and participates and/or leads negotiations for modifications to standard/non-standard subcontract provisions.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Identifies subcontract risks/issues and provides leadership in developing innovative solutions to complex subcontracting problems.
- Represents the organization as the primary subcontract business point of contact on assigned subcontracts to internal and external customers, making presentations as required.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures and applicable government regulations throughout the procurement lifecycle. Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impacts on subcontracts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract, or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance is required.
- Must be well versed in Government Contracting (i.e., FAR, DFARS, ITAR) and have a comprehensive understanding of acquisition principles, theories, concepts related to government rules and regulations supporting major agencies (i.e., DoD, NASA, etc.), and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, standards, and regulations.
- Must have experience and familiarity with Statements of Work and SDRL management.
- Must have experience with various contract types (e.g., FFP, CR, CPFF, T&M, etc.).
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts for unique requirements.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to understand complex requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and the ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- The ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate subcontract activities during multiple work phases.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with standard office tools (ie. MS Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as the primary contact on subcontract matters with program management, subcontractors, and customers, and provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Salary:$89,180 - $155,825
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager