Fall Internship - Flight OperationsDate posted 05/23/2019
Job ID#: 24003BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Fall Internship - Flight Operations
Job Category: Program/Project Management
City: Grand Forks
State: North Dakota
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We are looking for an Intern to join our Flight Operations team located at our Grand Sky facility. Reporting to the Flight Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will be someone who has completed 2 or 3 years of an undergraduate program in an aviation-related field. We anticipate this person work about 20 hours per week in either a morning/afternoon or afternoon/evening shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain overall situational awareness of current and planned flight operations
- Monitor operational activities within assigned shift.
- Maintains electronic log-book journal, records of facility, aircraft and maintenance activity
- Identifies, notifies management of conflicts, issues or hazards needing to be addressed
- Monitors and operates phones, radios, security cameras and gate systems
- Drafts flight operations schedules for review and approval
- Monitors flight weather systems and publishes forecast
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate student at a recognized college or university in an aviation or aerospace related field
- Must possess:
- Ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
- Ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Basic computer skills; Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint desired
- Current enrollment in an aviation-related undergraduate program
- Able to complete local travel; Occasional driving duties possible
- US Citizenship
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No