Material PlannerDate posted 01/14/2019
Job ID#: 22172BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Material Planner
Job Category: Material and Production Control
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Material Planner to join our Material Management group located in Fredericksburg, VA.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing material planning support and administration for research-related or production projects of moderate scope, including analysis reporting, expediting, and purchasing. Advises management of the status of work in progress and identifies potential project problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides planning administration to various tasks/projects including performance monitoring, analysis, expediting, , purchasing and other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to efficient operation of organization by modifying or developing short and long-range plans and status reports for assigned scope and providing progress follow-up and adjustment information.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues; assists Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing conduct product assessments for part or product designs; provides input for processes and technologies contractual commitments.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Contracts, Finance, QA, Manufacturing) to collect data for preparation of status reports.
- Provides task leaders and project management with clear, timely and accurate information with which to make decisions.
- Alerts operating or project management to deviations (or potential deviations) from the established plan.
- Identifies issues, exceptions and variances and develops solutions to moderately complex issues; reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and six or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of planning principles, theories, techniques and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; knowledge of government funds procedures and regulations..
- Must maintain a well balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements and possess:
- The ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment;
- Ability to organize, schedule, budget and coordinate work phases
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of complex technical problems
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document, report and present
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP/MRP and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is desired
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret