Fort Madison, Iowa
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Logistics Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
Cryotech Deicing Technology, a division of General Atomics, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of deicing products for aircraft, runways and other applications. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Specialist in Ft. Madison, Iowa.
Under limited supervision and in a fast-paced business, this position performs a variety of activities in support of Cryotech’s business partners throughout North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Involved with freight movements taking place throughout the United States/North America including Alaska and Canada
- Coordinates, tracks and provide follow-through on all forms of shipments
- Performing financial analysis to determine best cost solutions to ensure maintaining on-time deliveries.
- Evaluating new freight partners to determine if they fit organizational needs
- Works with other areas of the Cryotech Organization to provide information for competitive quoting.
- Coordinates, tracks, and may report on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and six or more years of progressive logistics management experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of logistics management concepts and principles and have proven experience broadly applying those concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately in an evolving environment. Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and provide solutions to a range of complex logistics issues, including supply chain activities.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- May lead a team of professional employees on assigned aspects of project(s).
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager