Fort Madison, Iowa
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Department Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
Cryotech Deicing Technology, a division of General Atomics, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of deicing products for aircraft, runways and other applications. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Department Specialist in Ft. Madison, Iowa. Under limited supervision, this position performs a variety of activities in support of the Cryotech Distribution department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates, tracks, and may report on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of assigned functional area principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues, solve and respond to routine problems or situations that require interpretation; (5) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, interpret and explain moderately complex information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors; (6) practical understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as relevant regulations; (7) considerable knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager