A&P SpecialistDate posted 10/22/2016
Job ID#: 10225BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: A&P Specialist
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics
City: Fort Huachuca
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an A&P Specialist for our Aero Services division to support operations at Fort Huachuca, in Sierra Vista, Arizona. This position also must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under general supervision providing technical support for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting and inspection on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Removes and replaces airframe components as needed including aileron servos, flap servos, brake servos, landing gear servos, throttle servos and waste gate servos requiring long periods of standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May perform all launch and recovery including inspections, starting engine, operational check, installing payloads (cameras, KU, Datalink, SAR, EO/IR), fueling and de-fueling.
- Incorporates any approved configuration changes and other modifications into all aircraft as needed per company approved and/or government technical order requirements.
- Interfaces with customers, military and civilians, and understands the discipline required to maintain aircraft and associated equipment as a contractor.
- Provides flight line and ground support to include towing, refueling, defueling, launch and recovery of aircraft.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Certifies aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repairs fuel and oil leaks or engine problems as needed and removes and replaces airframe components as needed.
- Assists in the testing, maintenance and operation of ground equipment.
- Provides support as required to the UAS training center maintaining UAV training assets and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience, including one or more year(s) of product related mechanical knowledge.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess: (1) full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) basic leadership, organization and planning skills; and (4) strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- The ability to pass a Deployment Medical Exam.
- HAZMAT, AES, and IATA experience is desirable.
- Experience handling COMSEC material.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.