Senior Satellite Systems EngineerDate posted 10/31/2018
Job ID#: 21325BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Senior Satellite Systems Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Satellite AIT (Assembly, Integration and Test) Systems Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Englewood, CO.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced technical engineering problem(s). May function in an advisory or project leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Formulates plans, typically long term, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates completed. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations, and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Satellite system overall test planning, organization and leadership.
- Satellite system and subsystem test configuration and procedure development, review and execution.
- Develop and promote satellite assembly, integration and test flows that include the introduction of new concepts and approaches.
- Solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff on design, integration and test matters and support other teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Formulate and maintain plans as execution occurs.
- Implement and support quality management in the execution of a program.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering problems; including future applications, and engineering developments.
- Support development and creation of new business opportunities.
- Perform mission and system design on missions from bid generation through launch and operations.
- Prepare and lead the review of technical response to bids, presentation materials and reports.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, government representatives and other professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Experience in spacecraft testing and test requirements is essential.
- Complete understanding of clean room facilities, compliance and safe working practices.
- Detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in organization, planning and technical leadership, including risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of AS9100.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret