Experienced Software DeveloperDate posted 03/11/2019
Job ID#: 22958BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Experienced Software Developer
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Experienced Software Developer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Englewood, CO.
Under general supervision and with on-going review, this position supports the engineering staff in the analysis, investigation and resolution of routine engineering problems of limited scope. Assignments are for small projects or phase(s) of larger projects(s) and are normally outlined in terms of specific engineering activities. Contributes to the completion of assigned engineering tasks which involve the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance. Documents findings and implemented solutions, and communicates results to project engineering staff. Contacts are primarily internal within the team. May provide direction to design staff or technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform space and ground segment (satellite operations) software architecture design as part of the overall satellite system solution.
- Perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements definition, software design, development, test, debug and documentation.
- Design, develop and verify test software and simulation capability.
- Troubleshoot system anomalies related to software, system configuration, network interfaces and operating system issues.
- Support functional and performance testing of equipment, subsystems and systems in support of satellite assembly, integration and test.
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve engineering problems, including future applications, and engineering developments.
- Prepare technical responses to bids, presentation materials and reports, for a variety of applications and customers.
- Support and actively participate in customer and supplier meetings and presentations at all project stages.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, and staff from other parts of GA.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Experience with C/C++, Python, Real Time Operating Systems, embedded systems, Linux, Microsoft Windows, IP communications and networking is essential.
- Experience with MySQL, VHDL, windows registry, knowledge of Cisco Routers would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Demonstrated experience on satellite software products or safety critical software is an advantage.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle.
- Understanding of clean room compliance and safe working practices.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No