Electronics EngineerDate posted 01/25/2019
Job ID#: 22389BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Electronics Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Englewood, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and perform as required the detailed design, development, analysis, production, and test of satellite electronic subsystems for both product development and flight program execution.
- Oversee and perform as required the design, development, production, and test of satellite electronic subsystem test hardware and software.
- Work with customers and suppliers, internal and external, to develop and define electronic subsystem requirements.
- Actively participate in system level design of satellite systems across all project phases, through subsystem architectural design and hardware development.
- Apply system engineering principles to the selection of electronic subsystems as part of satellite concept and design development.
- Perform testing and fault diagnosis of electronic equipment, subsystems and systems, including record-keeping and the generation of documentation and test plans, procedures and results.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date document set for electronic products.
- Support mission, system and operational concept development for satellite missions.
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve engineering problems.
- Prepare technical responses to bids, presentation materials and reports, for a variety of applications and customers.
- Support and actively participate in customer and supplier meetings and presentations at all project stages.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, and staff from other parts of General Atomics.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Previous experience handling and testing satellite flight hardware, including a demonstrated ability to test and troubleshoot electronic systems down to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level.
- Experience of one or more of the following is essential: microprocessors, embedded operating systems, communication buses, low-level drivers.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle, including spacecraft level environmental testing, launch, and operations.
- Understanding of clean room compliance and safe working practices.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret