UAV MechanicDate posted 11/28/2018
Job ID#: 21707BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Mechanic
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Avionics/Electronics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Material and Production Control, Pilots, Technicians
City: China Lake
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support. Troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and/or engine systems to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures, maintenance manuals, and/or government technical order requirements.
- Assist in the repair of fuel leaks, oil leaks, and engine problems. Assist in the removal and replacement of airframe and/or engine components.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- May participate in the performance of engine and airframe operational checks and installation of payloads.
- May participate in the performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) in accordance with company and customer guidelines.
- May inspect, test, maintain, and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Typically, incumbent has little or no knowledge of job requirements and moderate understating of general job aspects.
- An FAA Airframe & Powerplant License is desired; will assist qualified applicants in obtaining their A&P License if they are in possession of the appropriate FAA ticket.
- Must possess: (1) general working knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring equipment; (2) basic computer skills; and (3) basic interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and military and civilian customers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain customer clearance.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
- Paid on-the-job training (OJT) program enables successful performance and career advancement.
- Competitive salaries in a pay-for-performance environment.
- 401(K) and Pension Plan with company contribution.
- Extensive relocation package.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision benefits with coverage offered within the first 30 days.
- Enhanced benefits package including life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts and legal plans.
- Regular Full Time
- 9/80 work week
- Shift work with paid differentials
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret