Aircraft Planning & Documentation Specialist - China LakeDate posted 11/02/2016
Job ID#: 10308BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Aircraft Planning & Documentation Specialist - China Lake
Job Category: Administrative
City: China Lake
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining all technical records including Federal Airline Regulations (FAR) requirements, industry requirements, Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and customer requests. Ensures that FAR, Airworthy Directives (ADs), Airworthy Releases (AWR), DoD, and company policies are in compliance. Evaluates existing job sequencing to verify that resulting work will ensure safety consistent with government and company requirements. May participate in the testing of tools and materials to determine if they meet specifications and shop requirements. May participate in the development of training programs and conducts routine or specialized technical training and debriefs aircrew as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains all technical documents and records including maintenance plans, Job Control Numbers, historical documents, aircraft files, Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs) folders, engine records, and procedures.
- Works with the Integrated Management Data System (IMDS) for the U.S. Air Force.
- Coordinates maintenance flying schedule; debriefs and schedules discrepancies.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance in accordance with established procedures and time tables; may forecast aircraft maintenance limits, tasks and inspections.
- Participates in the development of weekly schedules for home and deployment locations.
- Participates in status meetings, document reviews and scheduling programs.
- May participate in the development of procedures, training program and debriefs.
- Coordinates transfer and acceptance inspections; ensures all required checks are performed and documented. Schedules and monitors TCTOs, one time inspections, time change items (TCIs) and special inspections. Order TCI replacements through Military Supply channels.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and two or more years experience in aircraft planning, scheduling and documentation. Equivalent professional or military experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of aircraft planning, scheduling and documentation principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess general knowledge of Federal Airline Regulations, Department of Defense, Airworthy Directives and Airworthy Releases.
- The ability to schedule, monitor and update plans, documents, files and schedules.
- Knowledge of industry requirements and company policy and procedure.
- Organization skills required to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with internal and external customers, contractors and aircrew and train and debrief as required.
- General knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.