Satellite Test Engineer
General Atomics pioneers technologies with the potential to change the world. Behind a talented global team of engineers, GA delivers safe, sustainable, and economical solutions to meet growing global demands. Our Engineers have an opportunity to work on first of a kind product lines within an incredible, dynamic environment.
Engineering positions typically require a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience. Candidates from mechanical, electrical, and aerospace engineering backgrounds must know the fundamentals of engineering system developments, requirements, testing, and integration before getting to the final stages of customer interface and project management.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Satellite Test Engineer at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Test Engineer (Assembly, Integration and Test) working on satellite systems to join our team located in Centennial, CO. The individual filing for the Test Engineer position will interact with technical staff and report to test managers. The tests that the individual will be required to support range from engineering research trials, production and factory acceptance tests, system and component level requirements verification tests combined with operational tests, lifecycle tests, environmental and electromagnetic tests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Satellite system test planning, organization and test conduction.
- Satellite system and subsystem test configuration and procedure development, review and execution.
- Develop and promote satellite assembly, integration and test flows that include the introduction of new concepts and approaches.
- Solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff on design, integration and test matters and support other teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Addresses complex and difficult technical issues requiring novel and highly creative approaches drawing on advanced concepts.
- May assume technical and engineering responsibility of the success of an identifiable project.
- Formulate and maintain test plans as execution occurs.
- Implement and support quality management in the execution of a program.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering problems; including future applications, and engineering developments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Experience in spacecraft testing and test requirements is essential.
- General understanding of clean room facilities, compliance and safe working practices.
- Technical proficiency and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of AS9100 Quality Management
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.
- Experience with satellite subsystem and system level testing is highly desired.
- Launch base operations experience is desired.
Each job has a salary range which identifies the minimum, midpoint (market) and maximum base pay for the job. Pay rates are established based on the individual's knowledge, skill, experience and education/training needed to perform the job.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“The company is growing, has a very good reputation and had open positions in my area of expertise (aircraft design/design methodology development).”– Peter, Senior Staff Engineer
“We don't ascribe to quotas; we do ascribe to securing the BEST talent to enrich our culture toward healthy diversification and active/viable community service. We are STEM advocates.”– Debra, CSSBB: Staff Engineer
“Every day is different, with different problems to solve and many programs to support. I am a problem solver and have always been motivated by the tough questions.”– Scott, Laser Scientist
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer