Senior Contract Administrator (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base)Date posted 05/15/2018
Job ID#: 18586BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Senior Contract Administrator (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base)
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Contract Administrator to work out of our office Beavercreek, Ohio.
Under consultative direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review, contract review, negotiation, and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract administration in accordance with company policy. Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and participates in developing policies, procedures, and standard practices to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts. This position will have a strong emphasis on customer interaction and contract closeout support functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements; determines the applicability of complex government laws and regulations to the company's contracts.
- Interfaces with USAF contracting representatives at the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center in Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, including attending meetings at USAF offices.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of unusually complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Leads negotiating and modifying standard contracts and negotiates and modifies non-standard contracts.
- Reviews and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes internal and external presentations as required and acts as primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Provides direction to professional or technical staff on contract matters
- Participates in the selection, development, and training of contract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with fifteen or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contract principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees; and, (6) excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP desirable. Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must have previous USAF Contracting Officer experience at the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, WPAFB, OH and contract closeout experience.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No