Airframe and Powerplant MechanicDate posted 03/01/2019
Job ID#: 22897BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Product Support, Technicians
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an A&P Specialist for our Aero Services division to support MQ-1 Gray Eagle operations at Ft. Irwin in Barstow, CA. This position can deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under general supervision providing technical support for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting and inspection on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Removes and replaces airframe components as needed including aileron servos, flap servos, brake servos, landing gear servos, throttle servos and waste gate servos requiring long periods of standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May perform all launch and recovery including inspections, starting engine, operational check, installing payloads (cameras, KU, Datalink, SAR, EO/IR), fueling and de-fueling.
- Incorporates any approved configuration changes and other modifications into all aircraft as needed per company approved and/or government technical order requirements.
- Interfaces with customers, military and civilians, and understands the discipline required to maintain aircraft and associated equipment as a contractor.
- Provides flight line and ground support to include towing, refueling, defueling, launch and recovery of aircraft.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Certifies aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repairs fuel and oil leaks or engine problems as needed and removes and replaces airframe components as needed.
- Assists in the testing, maintenance and operation of ground equipment.
- Provides support as required to the UAS training center maintaining UAV training assets and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and five or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess: (1) full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) basic leadership, organization and planning skills; and (4) strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers.
- The ability to pass a Deployment Medical Exam.
- HAZMAT, AES, and IATA experience is desirable.
- Experience handling COMSEC material.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret