Telecommunications Branch Operations Support LeadDate posted 12/03/2018
Job ID#: 21754BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Telecommunications Branch Operations Support Lead
Job Category: Information Technology
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We are seeking an experienced candidate with a proven background in telecom customer services and technical support operations. This position will be responsible for supporting Voice Network operations, project initiatives, business systems analysis, vendor management, project coordination processes, systems and vendors at one of the Company’s branch operations locations.
This role is part of an enterprise IT solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface directly with internal (IT) and external (enterprise) customers. The position will report to and work closely with HQ IT & Telecommunications infrastructure teams.
Under limited remote supervision, this position is responsible for performing a wide variety of highly complex electronic and technical assignments on voice and data communications equipment, networks, and systems with minimal supervision. Completes terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment. Installs, repairs and provides preventative maintenance on terminals, controllers, and test equipment, and restores nonworking services and/or equipment to working condition. Sets up and tests new data communications test equipment and user devices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs installations, and upgrades of voice and data communications systems, cable plants, and related peripheral equipment including audiovisual and videoconferencing equipment and systems.
- Performs diagnostic testing on voice and data communications equipment, networks, and systems and assists in resolving system integration issues.
- Restores nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition and provide routine move/add/change support as assigned.
- Sets up and tests new data communication test equipment and user devices, including audio-visual equipment.
- Maintains required records and documentation and maintains liaison with outside vendors and orders circuits and/or other equipment as required.
- May develop recommendations for the combined usage of data processing and telephone system hardware and software. May provide support in the analysis, selection, integration/installation, documentation, and maintenance of telecommunication new or test equipment and devices, including audio-visual equipment.
- Cable Plant:
- Assists in planning and implementation of network cable and fiber connectivity solution programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Vendor Relationships:
- Responsible for representing the company and maintaining efficient vendor relationships to support vendor account management for all telecommunications services across the Company.
- Develop and maintain supply chain relationships. Ensure that contractors and vendors are delivering quality services and that all SLAs are being met.
- Coordinate vendor installations, and upgrades of voice and data communications systems, cable plants, and related peripheral equipment systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associate’s degree and six or more years of telecommunications technical experience in a corporate technical or operational support capacity, with focus in Telecommunications or related IT area. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a valid California driver's license and a clean driving record, verifiable by the DMV.
- Must able to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers, and vendors, and respond to issues or situations that require interpretation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately document and report information with internal and external partners.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment, and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment flexible to change.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Routinely participate in project meetings and effectively represent and support the overall project effort and IT standards and requirements.
- Cable Plant:
- Familiar with basic concepts of OSP, such as quoting, construction and delivery.
- Routinely support on-site surveys and field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery requirements and commitment dates identified.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, AutoCAD software and applications.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- If candidate is located remotely from work location extensive travel will be required.
- Experience working within an enterprise Telecommunications environment.
- Experience with Avaya Blue CS1K Voice Systems beneficial.
- Experience working within a Private Telecommunications Voice Network environment is a plus.
- Cable Plant background that enables understanding of basic construction code, structured cable plant fundamentals and data center and network architecture.
- Experience with IT Service Management system-ServcieNow, Remedy or similar.
- Familiarity with AV systems, operations and support.
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Avaya Blue/Nortel Certification
- BICSI Certification
- Adelanto, CA -United States
- If Remote, will require extensive travel.
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? No