Staff BuyerDate posted 08/28/2018
Job ID#: 20460BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Staff Buyer
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Purchasing professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively conduct procurement activities for facilities, services and ancillary commodities. Candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of supplier personnel (including executive management and legal counsel) as well as internal technical experts, business partners, and all levels of management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets, implements and develops Purchasing policies, practices and procedures
- Demonstrates an ability to identify, evaluate, and select qualified suppliers based on price objectives and quality standards
- Validates purchase requisitions, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates supplier responses, performs in depth cost or price analysis
- Conducts major procurement negotiations involving payment terms, quality clauses and government flow-downs as appropriate
- Reviews and negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes; incorporates changes based on internal customer requirements
- Ensures competitive and sole source procurements meet contract/subcontract objectives
- Exhibits excellent writing and organizational skills in creating contract packages that support purchasing decisions; maintains proper documentation required for compliance
- Manages supplier on-time delivery and quality performance throughout contract term
- Provides leadership in developing innovative solutions when purchasing issues arise
- Represents the organization as a prime purchasing consultant to internal and external customers
- Utilizes expertise in strategic sourcing of construction, maintenance, repair, capital goods, and other services in order to make sound business decisions
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations
- Provides guidance to internal customers on purchasing matters; mentors less experienced team members
- Conducts post-award follow-ups; expedites and negotiates changes relative to delivery, customer requirements, and supplier performance
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP and other applications
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive internal, external and customer information
- Expected to work in a safe and ethical manner to ensure compliance with Company policies, and procedures and applicable government regulation
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline along with ten or more years of progressive professional purchasing experience. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of purchasing concepts and principles, FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles, concepts, and practices.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- (1) the ability to provide innovative solutions to a range of complex purchasing problems;
- (2) strong communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and communicate new concepts to a variety of audiences;
- (3) strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, and customers;
- (4) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases;
- (5) the ability to lead less experienced purchasing staff on projects; and,
- (6) strong computer skills. SAP experience is desirable. Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Travel may be required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No