Safety Technician - TEMP
Assemblers, Machinists, Material and Production Control, Composite Technicians, Coordinators, Planners and Stock Clerks. These are just a few of the Manufacturing positions we offer at General Atomics. As a Manufacturing team member, you will use high-tech machines, systems, equipment and tools to create and build our products.
Experience in handling composite materials, using CNC machines and software, reading blueprints and drawings and a general understanding of manufacturing prinicples and systems are all desirable qualifications.
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Safety Technician - TEMP at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Our Health and Safety team is in search of an experienced Safety Technician to support our Quality team within manufacturing. This is a Temporary position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure work areas and equipment are inspected weekly and maintained in compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations.
- Observe employee work habits for compliance with safety practices. Ensure personal protective equipment is being used according to regulations and conduct safety training.
- Ensure routine, periodic, and special reviews of safety equipment are being accomplished. Maintain related inventory/inspection logs.
- Conduct surveys and program evaluations of facilities and operations to identify safety issues.
- Assist in implementation of corrective action.
- May provide guidance and direction to lower level technicians.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Additional Duties Other duties as assigned or required.
Paid Time Off
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
“The people I work with and the great opportunities to grow are the reasons I look forward to coming to work every day.”– Ralph, Technician
“I enjoy working with good people and knowing I am helping our great military.”– Joe, Fabricator
“I chose General Atomics because I wanted to work in a challenging work environment.”– Tony, Composite Technician
“I'm excited to come to work because of the new projects and challenges.”– James, Quality Composite Inspector