Hose and Component TechnicianAdelanto, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technician to support operations at our Adelanto, CA facility.
- Performs and/or assists in modification, fabrication, assembly, operations, installation, repair and maintenance of general laboratory, experimental or commercial equipment.
- Assists in set up and conducts semi-routine experiments and tests.
- Records and summarizes data.
- Under general supervision with limited review: 1. Fabricates, assembles, and installs simple laboratory and commercial equipment or experimental apparatus. 2. Operates lab and experimental equipment; collects and summarizes data. 3. Cleans, adjusts and replaces parts on lab and experimental equipment. 4. Sets up and checks out semi-routine experiments and tests according to pre-arranged procedures; records experimental data. 5. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs housekeeping and cleanup duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools.
- Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and demonstrate a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, cryogens, or radioactive materials.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer