Experienced Project Engineering SupervisorDate posted 05/30/2019
Job ID#: 24056BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Project Engineering Supervisor
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Adelanto Research & Development facility for a Project Engineering Supervisor position. With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced technical engineering problem(s). May function in an advisory or project leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Formulates plans, typically long term, for solutions(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates are completed. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations, and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business. Responsible for overseeing Project Engineering staff in providing technical coordination for Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) projects. Specific duties and actions will include both supervision and performance of the activities described above.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems Engineering- facilitate, coordinate, monitor, and document the design and development process as outlined in GA-ASI company procedures, with a primary focus on concept and prototype programs and at a level consistent with skills/experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to engineering task planning, requirements development, coordination and organization of engineering products (design/analysis output), preparation and support for design reviews, coordination of verification and validation efforts, and support for design changes and productionization.
- Project Engineering - provide technical leadership, managerial coordination, and administrative organization for engineering work with a primary focus on concept and prototype programs. Responsibility and authority are commensurate with skills, experience, and program objectives. Technical leadership includes but is not limited to leading and/or directing project design/analysis activities, evaluating and resolving problems which arise during the course of a project, and assessing the work of other engineers assigned to the project. Managerial coordination includes but is not limited to project status reporting, interfacing with program and organizational management, preparing and monitoring technical schedule / project plan, and monitoring of technical resources assigned to project. Administrative organization includes but is not limited to serving as point of contact between Adelanto and other GA-ASI facilities, suppliers, and customers, as well as coordinating and controlling technical documentation in accordance with company procedures and supervisory direction.
- Internal Coordination - serve as a point of technical communication and coordination within the Adelanto facility and between Adelanto and other GA-ASI facilities in accordance with skills/experience and program objectives. Includes but is not limited to participation in teleconferences and meetings, tracking of technical action items, facilitating resolution of technical issues, communication of critical interfaces, engineering/manufacturing liaison, and ensuring appropriate documentation and follow-up for all such communication.
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within a n engineering team for assigned projects(s)/program(s).
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff; may function in an advisory/leadership role for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of engineering solutions including deployment, resource, requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance & safety.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions including: documentation, reporting, publishing and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solutions in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participates, or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License and original work published in professional engineering journals are desirable.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret