Experienced Machinist 2nd shiftDate posted 11/15/2018
Job ID#: 21582BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Machinist 2nd shift
Job Category: Manufacturing
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Adelanto, CA facility for a Machinist. Under general supervision with detailed instructions on new activities and intermittent review of work, this position is responsible for operating and performing fabrication of machine parts by using light-duty bench or floor-type machine tools such as small lathes power mills, extruding machines, drill or punch presses, power brakes or shears.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates drill presses, lathes, mills, saws and shears.
- Cleans machines and work area. Deburrs parts.
- Performs kitting of production tools, fixtures, cutters and pre-cut raw material.
- After complete instruction; operates machines, and inspects parts utilizing blue print dimensions and prescribed gauges.
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Prepares and saw cuts raw materials.
- May layout, fabricate and assemble components.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma, technical/trade school training or equivalent and two or more years related experience.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to perform semi-routine set-up and fabrication of machined parts; (2) good knowledge of machining equipment including ability to use judgment and safe practices; (3) ability to read and understand engineering blue prints and diagrams; (4) skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit; (5) good interpersonal skills and written communication skills to interface with employees and supervisor; and (6) basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No