Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for preparation of foods according to prescribed menus and recipes; follows established schedules and processes in cooking, sanitation and related activities; cleans and sanitizes all food preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares food according to prescribed menus and recipes.
- Conducts taste and temperature tests for each meal.
- Performs quality control, checking all fresh and prepared foods and storage methods.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food areas and preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- May assist in developing new recipes and methods of preparation.
- Prepares food for delivery to other areas of the campus.
- May open and close cafeteria according to department procedures.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a basic familiarity with kitchen and food handling processes and procedures.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- A valid Food Handlers Certificate
- Skills to maintain the flow of work
- Interpersonal skills and written communication skills to interface with employees and to accurately document
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required
- Culinary training is desirable
- The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer