Aircraft Mechanic Mid-level (Non-deployable)Adelanto, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic to support Test Operations for GA-ASI, in Adelanto, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision on routine work and with detailed instruction for special assignments, this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support.
- Troubleshoots aircraft and/or engine systems to determine related problems and identify possible solutions.
- Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work.
- Assists with the development and review of new processes and procedures.
- May assist in training programs.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspect powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures, maintenance manuals, and/or government technical order requirements.
- Repair fuel and/or oil leaks and/or engine problems as required.
- May remove and replace airframe and/or engine components as needed.
- Review records to ensure all required documentation is completed in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- May inspect, test, maintain and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Assist in the training of new A&P Specialists.
- Assist with new powerplant and system development as required.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License may be required.
- Must possess:
- Full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job;
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations
- Basic leadership, organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance is required.
- Active DoD Security Clearance is highly desired.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work additional hours as required.
Salary:$52,020 - $77,325
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer