San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful PAC Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics is looking for a PAC Administrator to join our team in La Jolla, CA. The PAC Administrator works closely with the General Atomics Government Relations team, the GA PAC Chairman, the GA PAC Treasurer's office, and the Law Department on aspects of PAC administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This includes, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities: (all references to PAC are to the GA PAC):
- Assist and support the developing of the annual PAC budget throughout each election cycle, including:
- Coordinate input from the Government Relations team, PAC Chairman and Candidate Selection Committee
- Assist in preparing presentation of the proposed budget, and periodic amendments thereto, to the PAC Chairman for approval by the Candidate Selection Committee
- Monitor and report on budget expenditures, maintaining a spreadsheet showing budget vs. actual.
- Upon approval by the Candidate Selection Committee and PAC Chairman, requests PAC checks from the PAC Treasurer's office in compliance with federal rules and regulations in their distribution to campaign committees, federal PACs and national party committees.
- Draft monthly PAC newsletters, collecting data and legislative updates from the Government Relations team
- Support PAC Chairman with solicitation campaigns, where needed
- Support PAC Treasurer with PAC Match distributions, including check request preparation, updating worksheet
- Coordinate with, and provide data to, the Law Department to support compliance with regulatory requirements Understand and stay updated on changes to the Federal Election Commission rules and regulations covering corporations and their connected PACs
- Provide general support to the Government Relations team as required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Understanding of the federal political and legislative process.
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
- Prior experience in PAC administration and support, including but not limited to PAC disbursements and generating compliance reports.
- Knowledge of and interest in Congress and the political process, or congressional office experience.
- Familiarity with Federal Election Commission rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, identify and act on priorities as they develop, while also closely coordinating with the team.
- Detail-oriented focus with strong organizational and, and an ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a general ability to work with computer databases.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Campaign or Hill experience a plus.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager